Effective August 1, 2010
The nature and purpose of www.BuzzOurBiz.com (“BuzzOurBiz”, “we” or the “site”) means that all information you and other users post, such as ads, spreading the buzz, posting ratings and reviews, updates on your status, etc., is available to the public or, at a minimum, your network. Please use care in posting any personal information.
What We Collect and How We Use It
The personal information that we collect and store is as follows:
1) Your name, email address and contact information;
3) IP addresses and other standard statistical use or log in information.
We may use third-party advertising companies to provide ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (which will not include your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you, in addition to ads based on the content of the pages you are viewing. They do the former by placing a cookie on your computer. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, namely Google, our primary third-party advertising company, click here.
Most internet browsers allow you to block/decline cookies in their “Settings” or “Privacy” tabs, to have it notify you each time a website asks that a cookie be placed on your computer and to remove all cookies that have been placed on your hard drive. You can decline cookies and still use BuzzOurBiz, but your overall experience may be affected.
Where We Collect It
Our site is hosted on servers in the United States and we are based in Canada. If you provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer to and storage of that information on our servers and data centres in the United States and our headquarters in Canada.
Who We Share / Don’t Share It With
We will not share information associated with you with any third parties (other than to our service providers and third-party advertising companies in the circumstances as set out above) unless we:
1) Have received your prior consent;
2) Determine that it is required by law (BuzzOurBiz is committed to cooperating fully with law enforcement to ensure the safety and security of BuzzOurBiz’s users and the public);
3) Have a reasonable and good faith belief that access or disclosure of your information is required to protect the rights, property or safety of BuzzOurBiz, our users or the public; or
4) We provide such information in certain limited circumstances to third parties to carry out certain tasks on our behalf, with strict restrictions on the use, processing and deletion of that information.
Modifying or Deleting Your Information
You have control over and can modify or delete most of your personal information by modifying or deleting your ad postings and/or your profile. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about any other information we may have collected that you are not able to access by signing in to BuzzOurBiz.
By using BuzzOurBiz, you agree to receive marketing and other communications from us unless you tell us to take you off our list. Any direct marketing communication you receive from us will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe and stop receiving further communications.